Dear List Members,

I work as the Library Technician at the North Carolina Museum of Art and am a graduate student in the Library Science Program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

I am reaching out to ask if members would be willing to share their institution’s collection development policies for inclusion in my graduate research.

My Master’s thesis aims to investigate the current state of collection development policies in art museum libraries, including a content analysis.  The study is not evaluative in nature. Policies will not be shared in full, though quotes may be highlighted, and institutional names can be anonymized, if preferable.

I hope that my project will offer valuable insight into the selection practices of our colleagues and assist others in shaping their own policies, adding (in its own small way) to the great work done in this area by Ann Baird Whiteside, Pamela Born, Adeane Alpert Bregman, Joan Benedetti and others.

Policies can be emailed to me directly.

Thank you for considering and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

Erin Rutherford

Erin Rutherford, M.A.

M.S.L.S Candidate, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, SILS

Library Assistant, North Carolina Museum of Art

Secretary, Southeast Chapter of the Art Libraries Society of North America