Greetings ARLIS-L:

The Fisher Fine Arts Library at the University of Pennsylvania needs your help!

Edmund Bacon, executive director of Philadelphia's City Planning Commission and urban planner (often compared to Robert Moses), gave the FIsher his research and teaching slide collections prior to his death in 2005. These collections serve as a powerful, visual masterclass in postwar urban planning.  The thing is, *none* of the slides were annotated making it very difficult to identify and properly catalog them for our collection. So we turn to the whole wide world for help.

The Ed Bacon Photo Project is a crowdsourcing effort to identify Bacon's pictures.  We appeal to you to check out the Flickr photostream and if you see something you recognize, let us know in a tag or with a comment. Many images are pretty easy to call but many others are real stumpers.  I would be grateful if you spread the word about this project - we need all the help we can get!  If you have any questions about this, please reach out.

Thanks very much!

Hannah Bennett