Hi Amy!

I don’t have a specific policy as such as we’re a very small art library but I have certainly tried to improve our holdings on Australian Aboriginal art in our collection, simply by looking for donations and through dedicating some of my book budget to purchasing such works. I also consult with faculty on recommendations for their reading lists and try to direct them to more equitable selections. One library I know that has a specific policy/program is Monash University Library to improve representation in their collections: there’s a paper on Figshare that describes it:

https://monash.figshare.com/articles/Designed_for_diversity_A_collaborative_campaign_for_equity_in_the_Monash_University_Library_collection/7185143

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Catherine

Catherine Kerrigan  :::  Librarian

Adelaide Central School of Art ::: PO Box 225 Fullarton SA 5063

7 Mulberry Road Glenside SA 5065 ::: (adjacent to the Adelaide Film Studios)

www.acsa.sa.edu.au

The best art school in Australia for student experience. Find out why.

2019 Bachelor of Visual Art

Application deadline extended to 25 January 2019

More information here

Term 1 Short Course Program

Early-bird deadline ends 11 February

More information here.

IMG_1286

image | student participating in oil painting Short Course.