Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a festive and relaxing holiday.

This past fall, the ARLIS/NA Executive Board approved a new advocacy policy, an expanded code of conduct, and an updated statement on diversity.  Please take a moment to review these important documents that reflect our Society’s core values:

We have just simplified the Project and Service Charter form, available on the Administrative Documents & Tools webpage.  I encourage you to discuss any potential initiatives with your board liaison and then complete the form.  Remember, the board uses these proposals to populate our Featured Projects page and inform the Strategic Directions Committee, who, in turn, helps us establish priorities.

It is time again for all ARLIS/NA leaders to write an annual report.  Please use the template on the AWS to complete by Friday, February 22, 2019.

We congratulate and welcome four board members, who will begin their new roles at the

ARLIS/NA Annual Membership and Business Meeting on Friday, March 29th in Salt Lake City.

The annual meeting is a little different this year because the preceding keynote is not a paid, food-related special event, but rather a plenary session open to all.  You don’t want to miss Hikmet Loe’s talk on Robert Smithson and his epic earthwork, Spiral Jetty!

Have you registered for the 47th Annual Conference of the Art Libraries Society of North America in Salt Lake City, Utah from March 26 – 30, 2019?  The planners have recently highlighted all the amazing workshops that will be offered, but check back frequently to learn more about program sessions, tours, special events, meetings, local tips, art in the hotel, etc.

We are also excited to announce the dates for our 2020 annual conference in St Louis.  Mark your calendars for April 21-25, 2020 at The Chase Park Plaza Royal Sonesta hotel.

Finally, if you haven’t already, please consider renewing your ARLIS/NA membership for 2019.

https://www.arlisna.org/membership/renew-membership

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year.

Sincerely,

Kim

Kim Collins

ARLIS/NA President