Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that Jennifer Page, Library Manager at the National Museum of Women in the Arts has been awarded the Caroline Backlund Professional Development Award to attend the ARLIS/NA Annual Conference in Salt Lake City in March. Jennifer has been at NMWA since 2011. She serves on the Society’s Membership Committee. Please join me in saying congratulations!

The award is named in honor of Caroline Backlund (1920-2016) who had a distinguished career as an art librarian, educator, and author. Mrs. Backlund received the ARLIS/NA Distinguished Service Award for her contributions to the Society in 1989.

I would like to thank the member of the Chapter’s Travel Awards Committee; Mary Louis Castaldi, (University of the Arts), Yuki Hibben (Virginia Commonwealth University), and Christopher Needham (US Department of Defense and winner of the 2018 Backlund Award).

Best regards,

Gregory Most, Chair

Mid-Atlantic Travel Awards Committee

Gregory P. J. Most

Chief, Department of Image Collections

Library

National Gallery of Art

Washington, DC  20565

e-mail address:     [log in to unmask]

mailing address:   2000-B South Club Drive, Landover, MD  20785

web address:        https://www.nga.gov/research/library/imagecollections.html

telephone:            202.842.6100