Dear New York-based ARLIS members,

I'd like to share an event that may be of interest.

For the past several months the Archivists Round Table of Metropolitan New York (ART) and the New York chapter of the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NY) have been collaborating on a project to benefit Puerto Rican cultural heritage collections impacted by Hurricane Maria. As many of you who have been following this will know, the recovery efforts are ongoing and there is still great need.

I'm excited to share that our project is culminating in a benefit program tomorrow, December 11th, hosted by ART and generously supported by ARLIS/NA, that will feature media conservator Caroline Gil and digital archivist Coral Salomón speaking on their experiences with the recovery efforts, and will be accompanied by an exhibition of photography of Puerto Rico post-Maria by Cristobal Guerra. All of the proceeds will benefit Puerto Rican archivists’ consortium La Red de Archivos de Puerto Rico (ArchiRED) and will be put towards the creation of Spanish-language instructional materials on collections care, disaster response, and grant writing that will be freely accessible to cultural stewards across the island.

I hope you'll consider joining us! Feel free to reach me if you have any questions about the program.

https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/after-the-storm-a-fundraiser-for-puerto-rican-cultural-heritage-collections

Best regards,
Amye McCarther

Director of Programming, Archivists Round Table of Metropolitan New York (ART)
Solo Art Information Professionals SIG Co-coordinator, ARLIS/NA

The Archivists Round Table of Metropolitan New York, Inc. (ART) is a not-for-profit organization representing a diverse group of more than 400 archivists, librarians and records managers in New York metropolitan area. Your gift is very much appreciated and tax deductible as a charitable contribution to the fullest extent allowed by law. A copy of ART’s latest financial report may be obtained by writing to ART, P.O. Box 151, New York, NY 10274-0151. New York residents may obtain a copy of ART’s annual report by writing to the Office of the Attorney General, Department of Law, Charities Bureau, 28 Liberty Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10005.