The ARLIS/NA Yearlong Career Mentoring Program is recruiting mentors and we would love for you to consider volunteering to be a mentor!

Our program begins with a workshop at the 2019 Salt Lake City, Utah conference and continues until the 2020 Saint Louis, Missouri conference.  The program has matched dozens of art library professionals in successful mentoring relationships and contributes to the wonderful bonds we have with each other for which the Society is known.

Being a mentor has great benefits! In the words of a current mentor,

 “As a mentor, I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I have really enjoyed getting to know my mentee and help her navigate the job search.  I am extremely impressed with the program and have very much appreciated being a part of it.”- Traci Timmons (mentor)

Great mentors have different levels of experiences, skills and backgrounds.  Have you been in a leadership role in your library or a professional organization such as ARLIS/NA? Have you led a project or other endeavor? Do you want to help someone else succeed and develop their full potential? Do you want to learn about new trends and what other libraries do? Then you would make a great mentor!

You will only need 1-2 hours a month!  And in that time, you’ll make a great impact for one of our colleagues and to our profession. You can develop your mentor/mentee relationship by Skype, FaceTime, phone calls, emails and more.

If you have interesting in being a mentor but not sure what to do? We will help you!  The workshop focuses on the mentoring relationship for both mentors and mentees. Everyone benefits from new experiences and the members of the Mentoring Subcommittee will provide you with guidance, coaching and support throughout the program.

If you would like to learn more about the program and being a mentor, or have questions please contact Megan Lotts at [log in to unmask]

This year’s workshop is scheduled for Tuesday, March 26 from 2-5pm at the Salt Lake City Conference hotel.  Followed by an optional happy hour for all past and present mentor and mentees.

To become a mentor please fill out the form at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xc26HamC0IHEJ4ElbRhlvw3qC4kpZK4uss6YjJcKlR8/edit

The deadline to apply to be a mentor is February 15, 2019 by 5pm. The mentoring committee will be in touch with you by February 20th, 2019. We look forward to hearing from you about becoming a mentor!

Warm regards on behalf of the ARLIS/NA Mentoring Subcommittee,

Sara DeWaay

Jennifer Friedman

Megan Lotts (Chair)

Darin Murphy