Interested in developing your leadership skills? Consider applying for the ARLIS/NA Yearlong Career Mentoring Program!

We’re looking for librarians interested in building their skills for leadership roles (from project management to department management and everything in between) by working with mentors with leadership experience.  You will cultivate a professional relationship with your mentor and mutually share your experiences with knowledgeable librarians to explore leadership.  The program has matched dozens of art library professionals in successful mentoring relationships and mentors and mentees have raved about how beneficial the program was for them.

“I have gained a lot from the mentorship program and greatly benefited from the experience of having someone with an interest solely in my success without being a work connection and clearly free of ulterior motives. My mentor helps me put things in perspective.” – Delia Tash (mentee)

Please fill out the mentee application at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1n-Xz2y_GPJwRNCBbQ3NdVrEqYy7Dd-dd7EsEOD8D-0Q/edit<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fforms%2Fd%2F1n-Xz2y_GPJwRNCBbQ3NdVrEqYy7Dd-dd7EsEOD8D-0Q%2Fedit&data=02%7C01%7Cmegan.lotts%40rutgers.edu%7C5857eebc7aa544013f6508d6597902e9%7Cb92d2b234d35447093ff69aca6632ffe%7C1%7C0%7C636794773640611684&sdata=UqeGA0v8lRuYcaoydGBLNW0ywF%2FoGSRwf99EARrGNIk%3D&reserved=0> the deadline to apply is February 15, 2019. A Mentoring Subcommittee member will be in touch with you by February 20, 2019.

This year’s workshop is scheduled for Tuesday, March 26 from 2-5pm at the Salt Lake City Conference hotel.  Followed by an optional happy hour for all past and present mentor and mentees.

If you have additional questions about the Yearlong Career Mentoring Program, please contact Megan Lotts at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Warm regards on behalf of the ARLIS/NA Mentoring Subcommittee,

Sara Dewaay

Jennifer Friedman

Megan Lotts (Chair)

Darin Murphy