From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Brian Hickam <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:28:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] 1859 ed. of Godey’s Lady’s Book ?

Greetings from central Illinois,

We would like your recommendations on selling a rare book or illustrations from it. We have an 1859 edition of Godey’s Lady’s Book that was never accessioned into our archives or cataloged. It was in a box of other old books for twenty or more years.

The book is in FAIR condition as the front cover and spine binding are separated, the first several pages are almost separated, and many pages have small stains on them.

An emeritus professor has suggested that the illustrations are sought after by collectors.

If we wish to sell the book as a whole or the individual illustrations, what would be the best way? Any recommendations for a good home for the book as is?

Thank you,
Brian
--
Brian A. Hickam, MSMOB, MLIS
Director of the Lumpkin Learning Commons & Head Librarian