Hello collective wisdom,

Our 19th and 20th century photographs and negatives are being digitized and archivally rehoused, in boxes with paper or archival poly enclosures. The shelves they are stored on are in a room with sprinkler heads in the ceiling. I was thinking of covering the shelves with plastic sheeting, in case the sprinklers went off; but should I be concerned about harmful offgassing of pvc which would affect the photos/negatives?

Thanks -

Dana Gee
Photograph Digitization Project Cataloger, Special Collections
Haverhill Public Library
99 Main Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
978-373-1586 x642