Posted on behalf of

Anastasia Weigle

Hello:

I am a Ph.D./LIS candidate from Simmons University (Boston, MA).  I am hoping that the ARLIS community can help pass along/forward my survey questionnaire to students in studio/visual arts programs at a college, university, or art and design school. The purpose of this study is to explore the materials experience (MX) of studio artists, capture and define the nuances and complexities of MX, and investigate how MX supports the studio artist’s artistic, creative, and intellectual needs.

The link below will take students to the online consent form and a link to the survey questionnaire.

The below link is not active as Simmons University flags website links. Students may copy and paste to their browser.

https://materialsexperiencestudioartist.weebly.com/

Thank you for your help and support.

Sincerely,

Anastasia S. Weigle, MSLIS, ABD
Assistant Professor, Information and Library Science

The University of Maine at Augusta

"The make people free is the aim of art, therefore art for me is the science of freedom."
Joseph Beuys