I worked with Tom as an author and advisor for the Grove Dictionary of Art.  He wrote a wonderful article on Appraisal and Valuation that published just this summer, and he was extraordinary generous with his time, sharing guidance on our art markets project, which would not be the same without his thoughtful recommendations.  I am sad to hear that he passed away, and extend good wishes to all of his friends and colleagues.

Alodie Larson