Hello ARLIS,

The Stimulating Creativity in Practice (SCIP) SIG is looking for new leadership.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with this SIG, here is the Statement of Purpose.

Members of the SCIP SIG explore how creativity applies to the work of art information professionals and how creative engagement can move the Library beyond its traditional roles. The group acts as an ongoing support community for personal creative practice by exploring ways to make time in our workday for nurturing creativity, examining how personal artistic practices enhance our work as information professionals, and learning effective ways to foster creativity in others. The group also explores the idea of the library as an incubator of creative discovery by looking at ways to incorporate creatively charged workshops, exhibitions and events into library spaces giving library users opportunities for research and a means to practice hands-on engagement with ideas and knowledge. Members of the SCIP SIG may also plan events such as ARLIS/NA-member art exhibits, workshops (possibly tapping local creative talent) and conference sessions.

If you have an interest in leading this SIG, please get in touch with me directly.

Best, Laura

Laura Schwartz
Arts & Humanities Collection Strategist
Visual Arts Librarian
Subject Librarian for Film Studies
UC San Diego
858-534-1267

Vice President/President Elect
Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA)