From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Stephanie H Grimm <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 10:48 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Join us! ArLiSNAP and VREPS Fall Virtual Conference: New Media Challenges and Solutions for Art Information Professionals

ArLiSNAP (Art Library Students and New ARLIS Professionals) and VREPS (Visual Resources Emerging Professionals and Students) are pleased to announce our 2018 Fall Virtual Conference: New Media Challenges and Solutions for Art Information Professionals. The conference will take place at 1pm CST November 10, 2018.

New media art, objects, and scholarly projects in the digital realm are challenging our traditional definitions and methodologies for collection, preservation, and research. We are pleased to welcome Coral Salomón, Digital Initiatives Librarian at the University of Pennsylvania, who will present a keynote lecture.

Our keynote lecture will be followed by an hour of presentations and a period of questions and conversation with our panel of speakers and conference attendees. Our presenters will be:

Kat Buckley, University of Chicago

No More Reality: Philippe Parreno and the Difficulties of Cataloging New Media

Jean Moylean, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum

Surveying Digital Media Production Workflows in Arts Institutions

Michelle Wilson, ArLiSNAP Conference Planning Liaison and Digital Publishing Librarian at Columbia University, will moderate the discussion. Any questions about the event can be addressed to Michelle at [log in to unmask]

Register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3476474741821302274

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. Registration is limited to ARLIS/NA members.

We look forward to your participation!

Stephanie Grimm

Chair, Education Subcommittee, ARLIS/NA

---