 Hello ARLIS,

The ARLIS/NA Cataloging Advisory Committee is working on a policy statement
regarding the MARC encoding of exhibition information for exhibition
catalogs and would like to solicit feedback on local practice for capturing
this information.

In general, we recommend recording exhibition information in the 500; we
reserve use of the 585 for notes on exhibitions in which the material
described has been shown; and we do not use the 518, as we understand it to
be intended for capture information.

Would anyone disagree with our interpretation? Are there any local
practices that we should  consider?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,
Bronwen Bitetti
Chair, ARLIS/NA Cataloging Advisory Committee

--
Bronwen Bitetti
Librarian