Dear Texas-Mexico Chapter members and ARLIS/NA members wishing to join us,

The ARLIS/NA Texas-Mexico Chapter will be holding its Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas October 26-28, 2018.  The conference planning team is in the process of arranging a splendid program; already in the works are:

  *   A private sunset viewing of James Turrell's skyspace The Color Inside
  *   A staff lead presentation on highlights of the collections of the Harry Ransom Center (with time for viewing of current HRC exhibitions)
  *   A gallery tour of the Blanton Museum of Art lead by University of Texas at Austin art history professor Louis A. Waldman (with time for viewing Ellsworth Kelly's Austin and other Blanton exhibitions and permanent collection)
  *   A Chapter dinner at one of Austin's amazing restaurants
  *   Our Annual Business Meeting
  *   Our Third Annual Research Roundtable

More programming to come as we finalize the schedule in the next month, and details will be posted here regarding them and alerting the membership when registration opens.

At this point we would like to extend a Call for Papers for our Research Roundtable.  Papers on any projects you are working on regarding any and all aspects of art librarianship, visual resources management, digital humanities, or scholarly projects you are working on regarding art, architecture or visual culture.  We request that papers be twenty minutes or less.  Please indicate any audio/visual needs you might have.  Please send paper proposals to me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  by October 10.

And remember, you do not have to be a current Chapter member to attend-it is always worth a trip to Austin to see great colleagues, hear great music, eat great food, see great art, and learn what is going on in Texas's amazing art libraries.

I hope to see you in beautiful Austin in late October!

With best wishes,

Eric M. Wolf

President, ARLIS/NA Texas-Mexico Chapter

Eric Wolf Head Librarian
Sotheby's Institute of Art
570 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10022 USA | T +1 212 897 6649
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | sothebysinstitute.com<http://www.sothebysinstitute.com/> | nylibrary.sia.edu
Have a library question? Search our FAQs<http://sia.libanswers.com/ny/search/>
Founded by Sotheby's Auction House in 1969, Sotheby's Institute of Art is the global leader in art business education. Watch our film to learn more.<https://youtu.be/msbcd7oaDbQ>
Connect with us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/SothebysInstituteofArt>