Dear ARLIS/NA Colleagues:

I invite you to join the Art Librarian Parents and Caregivers (ALPACA) SIG.
Now's a great time to become involved with ALPACA - we are finalizing our
session for the annual conference, working with the conference planning
team to organize our third year of conference childcare, and looking
forward to brainstorming new initiatives and programming at our annual
meeting in March.

The ALPACA SIG arose from a group of new and established librarian parents
grappling with how to balance the often competing priorities of career and
family. While there are many professional resources and groups for art
librarians, none address the added dimension of parenthood or caregiving, a
period during which additional support is critical to successfully manage
both roles. This group seeks to support this demographic by providing a
forum for discussing federal and state family leave laws, flex-time,
professional development, tenure or similar requirements, work-life
balance, the negotiation of equal pay, better benefits, and improved
childcare options.

Please email me at [log in to unmask] or join our listserv to learn more
and get involved.

To join the ALPACA listserv, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
following command in the body of the message (leave the subject of the
message blank):
subscribe alpc_sig

Please reach out if you have questions, need support, or want to support
other caregivers. I look forward to collaborating with you all in the
months leading up to the annual conference!

Sincerely,
Stephanie Fletcher, Moderator
Art Librarian Parents and Caregivers SIG
http://alpaca.arlisna.org/

--
Stephanie B. Fletcher
E-Resources/Reference Librarian

--

**

*John Singer Sargent and Chicago's Gilded Age
<https://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsargent.artic.edu%2F&sa=D&ust=1530555474753000&usg=AFQjCNHN2UUcF3D6ktq_bwm5rZUeAsGHMg>*

Through September 30
The Art Institute of Chicago
Top Ranked in the World