Hi everyone,

I work at a university art museum, and I oversee our library and permanent collections.

The Development Office folks at my university seem to be demanding that we have people who donate a single book to us sign the exact same Deed of Gift form that we use for permanent collection acquisitions for the museum. We'd been using a simpler form, or simply email correspondence and a thank you letter (as this still documents offer/transaction/acquisition), but have encountered a few instances lately where this didn't seem good enough for them.

So, especially for those in similar institutional structure (university art museum's library), but for anyone who receives gifts of books, would you be willing to share what your forms look like? We're hoping it'll help convince our folks that the same forms aren't necessary for a low-value book as a high-value art donation...

With thanks,

Leigh

--

Leigh Gleason, PhD