I'm Courtney Becks, the Librarian for African American Studies and the Jewish Studies Bibliographer at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. As a fashion zinester and former blogger, I have long-standing interest in fashion. For the 2018-2019 school year, I am organizing the Fashion, Style, and Aesthetics Reading Group through IPRH.

FSA's first meeting of the year is at 3PM on Thursday, September 27 in the Espresso Royale in the Krannert Art Museum, 500 E. Peabody Drive.

The Fashion, Style, and Aesthetics (FSA) Reading Group's goal is to amplify the fashion discourse on the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign campus. To that end, we'll explore fashion history, criticism, and culture. Sharing projects-in-progress and reading lists is encouraged. Depending on participant interest, additional events like film screenings and panels are possible.

All with an interest in fashion, style, or aesthetics are invited to attend.

Please feel free to forward this email to people you know who might be interested in participating.

The flier with all Fall 2018 meeting times is included as an email attachment.

Sincerely yours,
Courtney Becks

Courtney Becks
Librarian for African American Studies
Jewish Studies Bibliographer
History, Philosophy, Newspaper Library
Assistant Professor, University Library

Support<http://www.library.illinois.edu/friends/make-a-gift/> University Library

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), any written communication to or from University employees regarding University business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.