Hello,

I am moderating a panel in Salt Lake City next year titled “‘Cognitive Imperialism’: Subverting and dismantling institutional hegemony in libraries” and am looking for a third panelist to present. Evan Schilling and Ashley Hosbach will be discussing initiatives for representing marginalized voices in library collections and spaces and uncovering imperialist and settler colonial origins of university and library design.

The panel would like to invite participants who are currently experimenting, piloting, or otherwise exploring initiatives that address cultural and epistemological hegemony in institutional and library spaces. We’re hoping to find someone who can speak to these topics or offer additional perspectives including (but not limited to) participatory design, universal design, intellectual and physical organization of collections, or examples of art libraries making spaces, collections, and instruction more inclusive and accessible for marginalized communities.

We are under something of a compressed timeline, so please indicate interest by Friday, September 28. A rough draft of a title and a few lines about your proposed presentation should be sent to me, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Best,
Michele

Michele Jennings, MLIS
Art Librarian
Frederick & Kazuko Harris Fine Arts Library
Ohio University Libraries
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Alden Library, Room 326
(740) 593-2664