I am pleased to announce the launch of the new MoMA Archives Image Database, or MAID.  MAID is a database of 50,000+ images digitized from the MoMA Archives, including letters, drawings, photographs, exhibition installation views, scrapbook pages, newsclippings, etc.  For over 12 years, MAID has been a rich internal resource that was only accessible on MoMA-networked computers.  For the first time ever, researchers worldwide may now access the database online at maid.moma.org.

As part of our project to place MAID online, we migrated the data from a homegrown database into The Museum System (TMS).  This has an added benefit for in-house staff, in that for the first time our archival images are easily discoverable in a unified search alongside collection artworks.

MAID is available online for research and reference purposes only.  To request an image for publication or other uses, please contact Art Resource (for publication in North America) or Scala (for publication in all other geographic locations).

--

Michelle Elligott

Chief of Archives, Library, and Research Collections

The Museum of Modern Art

11 West 53 Street

New York, NY 10019

T (212) 708 9436