Hi all, especially those with an interest in artist files.

The Artist Files SIG has just published—more accurate re-published—a section from Artist Files Revealed: Documentation and Access that focuses on physical maintenance of artist files. Now that we have it out in the world as a separate document, I’m hoping I can cajole folk to dig into the document and provide comments. These comments, I hope, will help us develop an official revision later on. Thanks to Anne Simmons, the author.

http://artistfiles.arlisna.org/maintenance-recommendations-for-artist-files/

You do not need an account to comment, but registering allows you to create other content on the site, which I hope you’ll consider!

http://artistfiles.arlisna.org/register/

By the way, we’ve enhanced our site with browsing by “Projects and Publications,” “Document Categories,” and “Subjects,” along with a new search capability.

Sam

Co-Coordinator, Artist Files SIG

http://artistfiles.arlisna.org/

Samuel Duncan
Head of Library and Archives
Amon Carter Museum of American Art
3501 Camp Bowie Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76107
t. 817.989.5042  f. 817.989.5039
www.cartermuseum.org