Please excuse cross-posting.

The School of Architecture Visual Resources Collection at The University of Texas at Austin will be closing and the position that I have held for the past 21 years will be eliminated on August 31, 2018 due to a reorganization led by Dean Michelle Addington who arrived in July 2017. The administration is currently working on redistributing the VRC’s resources and services so that they might be accessed and provisioned via other means.

I will begin in a new position at the university on September 1, 2018. The position is brand new and was approved and funded by the president in response to UT Staff Council’s request for a UT Staff Council Secretary. As the UTSC Secretary I will be removing roadblocks so that representatives can successfully move staff-centered initiatives forward. I will also be liaising with university administrators, meeting regularly with the president and senior vice president/chief financial officer. I report to the senior vice president/chief financial officer’s chief of staff. I’m very excited to move into this new role as what I find most gratifying about the work I’ve been engaged in is the opportunities it affords for connections with faculty, staff and colleagues from across campus and in the professional associations in which I have been actively involved throughout my career: Association of Architecture School Librarians, ARLIS/NA, ARLIS/NA Texas Mexico Chapter and the Visual Resources Association.

I am offering my thanks and gratitude to you—my community of colleagues—with whom I have had the pleasure to connect to and collaborate with. While I will miss the opportunity to connect both virtually, and in-person at conferences, I am very much looking forward to embracing the shift that has occurred in my professional trajectory.

Take good care and all the best.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Schaub