These are great title for hand's on practice. I also included a title as an overall guide for artists learning about materials and best practices of art materials:

https://www.amazon.com/Color-2nd-Workshop-Artists-Designers/dp/1856698785/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1533234293&sr=1-1&keywords=david+hornung+color

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Artists-Manual-Definitive-Painting-ebook/dp/B00GOJT8HM/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1533234330&sr=1-1&keywords=the+complete+artist%27s+manual

https://www.amazon.com/Learn-Paint-Acrylics-Small-Paintings/dp/1631590561/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1533234364&sr=1-1&keywords=learn+to+paint+in+acrylics+with+50+small+paintings

UNLV Logo

Richard J.W. Zwiercan, MSIS, MA, GAC, PPSC
Resource Sharing & Access Manager
University Libraries - Continuing Resources & Collections
University of Nevada, Las Vegas

Office: 702-895-2148

unlv.edu  Twitter  Facebook  Instagram  YouTube

Now, the idea is to get everything right—it’s not just color or form or space or line—it’s everything all at once.
Richard Diebenkorn