Dear collective wisdom,

I was chatting with a faculty member who is considering using the book Modern Art, 1905-1945 (Edina Bernard) this coming semester for her course.   In the past she's used Art Since 1900 (Rosalind Krauss and Hal Foster).     But of this one, she wrote, "this is the text that I have used for years that I am trying to replace. Great pictures, unfortunate content."   I have not seen the most recent third edition (2016) of the Rosalind Krauss text as we only have access to the 2004 and 2011 editions here, though I could request or purchase it...

But, my question for you all first is, do people think the 2016 edition is very different from earlier editions?   And/or does anyone have other suggestions for other alternate texts (in addition to the Edina Bernard)?    Any thoughts are most welcome to help me decide what to glance over first!

Many thanks,

Rachel
--
Rachel Beckwith