Dear ARLISians,

I have a silly question! Doing a little sleuthing on the conditions of a poster in other institutional holdings. It’s a big broadside poster/catalog that Duchamp designed and produced for a show of Dada at Sidney Janis Gallery in 1953.

Here’s a few OCLC numbers of records that match the item. I am looking for examples that are crumpled. Duchamp had directed that the gallery crumple the poster before sending to the mailing list so it would look like trash. So many were crumpled at Duchamp’s request (there were even some littering the gallery during the run of the show), but others remained in an uncrumpled state! I know that MoMA Library has an uncrumpled version and SFMOMA has a crumpled version. Do any of you have a crumpled version? If so, just drop me a line offline. Thanks and happy summer, David Senior

OCLC Number:  no:  9433279

   no:  146007131

   no:   81081616

David Senior
Head of Library & Archives

San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
Visit René Magritte: The Fifth Season
May 19 - October 28, 2018
Tickets available at SFMOMA.org

415.357.4121
151 Third Street | San Francisco, CA 94103

This message, together with any and all attachments, is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. It may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this communication. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the original sender by email and delete the message, along with any attachments.