Dear colleagues,

For those of you who support film and cinema studies, I'm interested to know how you manage your DVD collections - specifically about lending periods.

We've always had very conservative lending periods for our DVD collection - 10 business days - while having fairly relaxed lending periods for books. It's my sense that with more streaming options, both what the library subscribes to and what people use on their own, demand for our DVD collection has diminished. And, I'm toying with the idea of relaxing our lending periods in order to accommodate use for those diehard DVD borrowers.

I'd love to hear from any of you who oversee film collections. Please respond to me directly, off list.

Many thanks for your input!

Best regards,

Don

Donald R. Juedes<http://guides.library.jhu.edu/profile.php?uid=5760>
Librarian for Art History, Classics, Film & Media Studies, Near Eastern Studies
Milton S. Eisenhower Library of the Sheridan Libraries
Johns Hopkins University
3400 North Charles St.
Baltimore, MD  21218

410/516-0605

P  Less paper, more trees.  Please think before you print.