Good morning,

We are updating our policies, and this question came up:

If a donation includes a work, such as a map, illustration or even an article, which was at some point physically cut out of a publication, should we accept those items into the collection?  We don’t want to be encouraging the practice of cutting up publications; is adding the item to the collection a tacit encouragement?

I appreciate any and all responses.

Thank you,

Cheryl Miller
Head, Library Metadata and Discovery Services

AUTRY MUSEUM OF THE AMERICAN WEST

Direct: 747.201.8441• E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Celebrating 30 years→
TheAutry.org