Hi All,

Looking for some advice on dedicating/naming a gallery in someone's honor....

My library has a Victorian house (Terwilliger House) attached to it that is used as our local Ellenville history museum. The library and the museum are attached by a small "L" shaped gallery - known as the "gallery link".

The Trustees are discussing naming the gallery after a local, beloved artist that has recently passed. Some of the trustees are talking about naming a wall or a display case for him vs. the entire gallery so as to have a space in the future to honor another person if that situation should arise.

The Board of Trustees President asked me for my opinion. (Personally, I think we should name the whole gallery after this artist. I don't think our space is big enough to start parceling out walls, cases etc. to honor people - though it is a nice idea to have other space to dedicate. I just don't think we're big enough for that and that we could find another way of honoring someone if it should come up.)

Any thoughts? Anyone run into something similar?

Thanks!

Kristin Fowler
Ellenville Public Library & Museum