Hello all,

I am putting together a proposal for a workshop on cataloging artists’ publications (artists’ books, exhibition catalogs), zines, and other materials like comics and graphic novels. The chairperson for the cataloging advisory committee Bronwen Bitetti has suggested that there be an advisory committee for the workshop to help construct a consensus of working with RDA and guidelines for best practices.  We were thinking of having 3-4 leaders for the workshop. I am asking to see if anyone would want to be one of the leaders for the workshop or part of the advisory committee. The workshop is listed on both topic suggestion web pages.

Topic proposal Cataloging sessions: http://www.tricider.com/brainstorming/2mn4scMkP2V

Overall topic proposals: http://www.tricider.com/brainstorming/3T2Jogbac1B

Here is what I have so far as a description:

Workshop (hands-on and interactive): Cataloging/metadata assigning for artists' books, exhibit catalogs, zines, art-zines, comics, and graphic novels

This was discussed at the cataloging sessions to have a hands-on workshop where people can catalog or assign metadata to artists' books and zines, including other difficult to catalog materials (exhibition catalogs, comics, graphic novels, etc.) The workshop would go over the "new" RDA rules, and have practical “take-aways” with experience.

Please feel free to email me directly, your interest as well as if you would like to participate.

I appreciate any suggestions and assistance with this.

Best regards,

Kelly Swickard

Resource Description Librarian

Decker Library

Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA)

--

Kelly Swickard
Resource Description Librarian
Decker Library