Dear colleagues,

I just received our set of the catalogues for Christie's May sales of the Collection of Peggy and David Rockefeller.  This is without a doubt the most costly (and lovely) auction catalogue I have ever acquired.  Was seeking advice on how others are cataloging this.  I will definitely catalogue it as a monograph, but was wondering if others are treating this as one 6 volume work or 6 separate catalogues.  As of today, there are no records for it yet in OCLC.  Would love to know the thoughts of colleagues regarding this one.  All of our faculty is thrilled about looking at these catalogues, and our art business faculty feel that this is the sale of the century so far.  Typically we treat auction catalogues like serials, but in this case we definitely want to treat them as monographs.

All thoughts welcome.

Thanks!

Eric

Eric Wolf Head Librarian
Sotheby's Institute of Art
570 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10022 USA | T +1 212 897 6649
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | sothebysinstitute.com<http://www.sothebysinstitute.com/> | nylibrary.sia.edu
Have a library question? Search our FAQs<http://sia.libanswers.com/ny/search/>
Founded by Sotheby's Auction House in 1969, Sotheby's Institute of Art is the global leader in art business education. Watch our film to learn more.<https://youtu.be/msbcd7oaDbQ>
Connect with us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/SothebysInstituteofArt>