From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Anna Boutin-Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 5:22 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ARLIS-L] 1933 Chicago World Fair - Moroccan Pavilion

Hello ARLIS,

A colleague at the Libraries is looking for more detailed information on the Moroccan Pavilion at the 1933 Chicago World’s Fair. We’re a bit stumped, as he’s reached out to the archives mentioned below, and no book sources have had quite what’ he’s looking for. Any thoughts or leads on where to go would be much appreciated! Read on for his request:

I need to find information on 1933 World Fair in Chicago, specifically the Moroccan pavilion.  I have found descriptions, but I need to know as much as possible about who designed it, who sponsored it, designers who worked on it,  etc.  Morocco was a Protectorate at this time, so It was probably a colonial endeavor.

I’ve also found quite a bit about the architecture of the World’d Fair in general, but the only things I’ve found for the pavilions are images and general descriptions.

Any ideas?  I have requested  Chreyl Gan’s book, “The 1933 Chicago World's Fair: A Century of Progress” from ILL, but based on the excepts on Google Books, it is not going to be much help https://books.google.com/books?id=ynEPBAAAQBAJ.

I’ve also explored this: https://www.lib.uchicago.edu/e/scrc/findingaids/view.php?eadid=ICU.SPCL.CRMS226&q=century%20of%20progress, but I haven’t found anything useful, yet.  I have written them for help, but I just thought I’d also check if you had ideas on where I might find this information.

Thank  you all!
Anna

Anna Boutin-Cooper
Librarian for the School of Architecture + Planning
MIT Libraries | Rotch Library 7-238
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 617.324.6600

she/her/hers

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/membership/join-arlisna Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>