Excuse the delayed response. Hope this is still of interest to the list.

The Morgan Library & Museum owns an extensive collection of games and toys,
mostly of English, German, French, Italian, and American origin.

The circa 500 items include peepshows, panoramas, paper dolls, board games,
optical toys, building blocks, pop-up books, playing cards, jig-saw
puzzles, and miniature theaters, and they were created mostly during the
18th and 19th centuries.

This collection is in the care of the Department of Printed Books, and is
available for consultation in the Reading Room by appointment. Application
form: http://www.themorgan.org/research/reading-room-application

Selected items have been displayed in various Morgan exhibitions over the
years, including: "Honor, Glory, Adventure! Books for boys in the age of
Pierpont Morgan", 2002, and "Be Merry and Wise", 1996.

The items can be searched by subject/genre or keyword in CORSAIR, the
Morgan’s collection catalog, with search limits set to Printed Books.
http://corsair.themorgan.org/

Best,

Maria Oldal
Manager of Collections Information and Library Systems
The Morgan Library & Museum
225 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Tel: 212-590-0382
Email: [log in to unmask]

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 10:44 AM, Mar González Palacios <[log in to unmask]