From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Anna Boutin-Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 3:40 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Typographical Standards

Hello arlis!

I have a faculty member working on what he terms “glanceful reading” – how much information one is able to absorb in a glance at textual information – and how this is affected by font/typography. He is particularly on the hunt for any  “taxonomies of excellence” in relationship to this, and I’m drawing a bit of a blank as our design resources at MIT aren’t quite comprehensive.

So far we’ve found “Basics of Design: Layout & Typography for Beginners” by Lisa Graham, a few journal articles from various disciplines, and plenty of web resources, but he’s after something definitive and more academic-leaning. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Anna

Anna Boutin-Cooper
Librarian for the School of Architecture + Planning
MIT Libraries | Rotch Library 7-238
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 617.324.6600

she/her/hers

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/membership/join-arlisna Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>