Hello ARLISers,

As the 2018 recipient of the ARLIS/ NA Wolfgang M. Freitag award, I'm excited to begin my internship as the Digital Collections Intern at Seattle Art Museum's Bullitt Library. I will be digitizing a collection of printed promotional materials created for "Documents Northwest: The PONCHO Series," an annual exhibition held at the museum from 1983-2004.

Part of my assignment is to conduct an environmental scan to find similar collections that have been digitized (print publications and promotional materials from annual or semi-annual art exhibitions that feature local or emerging artists). If you have been involved in such a project, I'd like to learn about it and add it to my report. In addition to sending a link to the digitized collection, if you have the time I am also interesting in hearing about your process: what worked, what didn't work, and any copyright or permissions challenges that you may have had.

Thank you so much,

~Anna

Digital Collections Intern, Bullitt Library, Seattle Art Museum 2018
ARLIS Wolfgang M. Freitag Internship Award Recipient 2018
UW MLIS Candidate 2019

Center on Contemporary Art