Hello arlis!

I have a faculty member working on what he terms “glanceful reading” – how much information one is able to absorb in a glance at textual information – and how this is affected by font/typography. He is particularly on the hunt for any  “taxonomies of excellence” in relationship to this, and I’m drawing a bit of a blank as our design resources at MIT aren’t quite comprehensive.

So far we’ve found “Basics of Design: Layout & Typography for Beginners” by Lisa Graham, a few journal articles from various disciplines, and plenty of web resources, but he’s after something definitive and more academic-leaning. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Anna

Anna Boutin-Cooper
Librarian for the School of Architecture + Planning
MIT Libraries | Rotch Library 7-238
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 617.324.6600

she/her/hers