Public Knowledge Library currently up at SFMOMA.

Rick Prelinger

Rick Prelinger
Prelinger Library & Archives, San Francisco

Professor, Film & Digital Media
UC Santa Cruz

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018, 10:12 Lynette Korenic <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear ARLIS/NA colleagues,

Thanks to all the responses that I've received to my query and I'll try and summarize for the list.

All this feedback is useful and really appreciated, but I am mainly interested in instances where library books are placed in museum galleries on open bookshelves, or tables and intended for handling by the public.

Perhaps a "browsing" area for library books within the museum space is a better way to think of it -- library books that are not in exhibit cases and not tied down.   Are they duplicates purchased by the library for the purpose of creating a library browsing area within the galleries or museum space?    Have you experienced a lot of theft or damage to the books?  Any information regarding such an arrangement would be welcome.

Thanks for any further input,

--Lyn

Lyn Korenic, Ph.D.

Director