From managing editor, Patricia Harpring:

The Getty Vocabulary Program is happy to relay a bit of news.

You may recall that a few years ago we instituted "redirect" URLs for our online data releases; these were brief URLs that could be formulated by algorithm, or by hand, for those who wished to link to a page in ULAN, TGN, AAT, CONA, or IA. Users have told us that, for those who must formulate these URLs by hand, it was very difficult, as the long original URL still appears at the top of the Web page. To remedy this, our technical team has added a row at the top left of every online record page, where the brief redirect URL is noted as "Page Link," which can be easily copied and pasted by hand.

Example:
ID: 7011179
Page Link: http://vocab.getty.edu/page/tgn/7011179

Jonathan Ward