Dear art librarians,

We are getting ready for our first Art & Feminism Edit-a-Thon, and I’m wondering whether anyone who has been involved with one of these events can advise about local sources.

We’d love to give our event as local a connection as possible and to that end, we were thinking of using exhibition catalogs published by our university’s museum. I understand (and support!) Wikipedia’s insistence on vetted and published sources, but I am worried that catalogs from our own university might be flagged as somehow “about ourselves,” which is a no-no.

Has anyone run into this? I’d love to have advice about using these and other local sources.

Thank you – best wishes,

Maryke

Maryke Barber | Public Services and Arts Liaison Librarian

Wyndham Robertson Library

Make an appointment for research help: https://calendly.com/librarymbarber

Hollins University

P.O. Box 9000, Roanoke, VA 24020

http://library.hollins.edu | [log in to unmask] | 540-362-6592

Currently reading “Cloudsplitter” by Russell Banks.