Good afternoon ARLIS!

The LGBTQ+ SIG will hold its annual meeting this Wednesday, February 28th from 8:00-9:00 a.m. in the Gramercy West room during the annual conference. We invite you all to support, join in and participate with us. Topics we will be discussing...

*         Lightning round updates from members on LGBTQ Advocacy at their institution. Listen in to what other librarians are implementing and planning at their library around the issues of LGBT+. This is also a chance to tell us about new initiatives you are working on at your library. We would love to hear from you!

  *   Discussion of possible session proposal surrounding LGBTQ issues in zines. Possibility of zine popup at next ARLIS/NA conference. Let's have a discussion about LGBT+ zines.

  *   The development of a resources blog/twitter chat that will benefit SIG members and the ARLIS/NA Membership at large. We will also discuss how we can disseminate our research, materials, and initiatives better to the ARLIS/NA Membership at large.

*         Lastly we are sponsoring a session that should not be missed! The LGBTQ Special Interest Group presents a panel discussion showcasing 3 New York City-based libraries/archives that "think outside of the normal bounds of libraries" with LGBTQ+ collections that support activism, initiate community engagement, and provide allyship in the form of programming. Representatives from 3 institutions will present followed by a Q&A and discussion. The panel session is scheduled shortly after our SIG meeting at 9:45-11:00am in the Nassau room.

Thank you all, and we look forward to seeing you in New York!

Robert Adams
Associate Library Director
Boston Architectural College Library
320 Newbury St.