Hi ARLiS,

The Women and Art SIG is looking for a new coordinator! Since I took over the SIG from Melanie Emerson five years ago, we've launched a new website (http://womenandart.arlisna.org/about) and many, many of you have participated in Art+Feminism edit-a-thons.

Unfortunately, I don't have the bandwidth to give the SIG what it needs in terms of leadership:
  • Scheduling a meeting during ARLiS/NA annually
  • Scheduling regular meetings throughout the year
  • Considering programming
  • Considering renaming (current members talked about shifting the name to focus more on Feminist Librarianship than Women and the Arts)

This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in doing more work around gender representation in the arts and/or feminist pedagogy. I am deeply thankful to this SIG for being the inspiration for a project (Art+Feminism) which has now taken over my life to such a degree that I've sadly let the SIG languish.

There's still time to schedule a meet-up at ARLiS if someone wants to step forward to take the reins! I know there's definitely interested, as a few folks have reached out to me and asked about meeting.

Very best,

Siân

--
Siân Evans, MA, MLS
Information Literacy & Instructional Design Librarian

410-225-2715
Schedule a meeting with me
Learn more about Wiki stuff I do

Pronouns in use: She, Her, Hers