Dear ARLIS/NA members,

With the Information Competencies for Students in Design Disciplines
<https://www.arlisna.org/publications/arlis-na-research-reports/148-information-competencies-for-students-in-design-disciplines>
celebrating its 10-year anniversary in 2017, a group of ARLIS/NA members
were curious to revisit these competencies in light of shifts in
information and research practices across fields. Over the course of the
past year we’ve worked collaboratively to begin this process, starting with
revising competencies for the disciplines of studio art, architecture, art
history, and fashion. *Please view a public draft of the revised document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aMm28-vYfNMMXm8YExPBmjYTr1ODbo80ALHmznH4P1g/edit?usp=sharing>
in Google Docs*.

To continue developing this document, we hope to see many of you at
the “*Information
Competencies for Students in Design Disciplines: Revisions and Critical
Updates*”* workshop in New York on **Monday, February 26 from 1:45pm-3:15pm
<http://sched.co/CqME>*. We’ll provide a brief background of our process
for drafting new competencies and then break off into small groups to
discuss and reflect on the draft competencies for studio art, architecture,
art history, and fashion. We’ll rejoin as a large group to discuss
essential questions regarding the existing draft and talk about next steps,
as well as solicit volunteers to begin drafting competencies for additional
disciplines.

If you’re unable to attend the workshop, please consider emailing us your
feedback on the draft
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aMm28-vYfNMMXm8YExPBmjYTr1ODbo80ALHmznH4P1g/edit?usp=sharing>!
Below are the contacts for each of the existing disciplines:

Architecture: Alan R. Michelson, [log in to unmask]

Art History: Shannon Marie Robinson, [log in to unmask]

Fashion: Alyssa Vincent, [log in to unmask]

Studio Art: Linden How, [log in to unmask]

If you’d like to work on a future discipline, please contact Shannon at
[log in to unmask] We’re looking forward to working with everyone
at the conference!

Sincerely,

Jane Carlin, Linden How, Amanda Meeks, Alan R. Michelson, Shannon Marie
Robinson, and Alyssa Vincent

Shannon Marie Robinson
Liaison Librarian, Media Arts & Design, Drexel University
shannonmarierobinson.com
Twitter @artistlibrarian <https://twitter.com/artistlibrarian>
Tumblr MA&D Librarian <http://mediaartsdesignlibrarian.tumblr.com/>