Apologies for cross-posting

Greetings from the Visual Resources Association 2018 Philadelphia conference local planning committee!  We’d like to invite you to join us at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel March 27-March 30 for workshops and sessions related to the management, delivery, and preservation of digital content.

The Visual Resources Association supports professionals in educational, cultural heritage, and commercial environments who create, disseminate, preserve, and interpret visual and digital content.  Our theme for this year’s conference is “Workshop of the World” which speaks not only to the industrial past of Philadelphia, but also the collaborative nature of the profession.

Some workshops and sessions of interest might include:

Workshop 1: Basics of Photogrammetry—3D Visualization of Cultural Heritage Objects

Workshop 2: Collaborative Digital Asset Management

Workshop 3: ARCGis Online & Storymaps

Workshop 7: Python for Beginners

Session: Beyond TIFFs and JPEGs: Best Practices and Asset Management for Digital Files Beyond Still Images

Session: IIIF in Practice – Use Cases for Implementing and Using IIIF APIs

Session: The Law of Fair Use of Images, Video, and Music in Artistic Appropriation

Session: Practicing Digital Asset Management (DAM): Various Approaches in Museums and Higher Education

You can see the entire schedule at https://vra2018.sched.com

To register, to learn more about the conference and our keynote speaker, Jane Golden, see: http://www.vraweb.org/conferences/vra2018/

EARLY BIRD registration closes on February 23, 2018.

We hope to see you at the Loews Philadelphia at the end of March.