A colleague in a peer institution recently contacted me with a request for advice about how libraries may be handling requests to remove art from display or even books from the collections  from artists that have been associated with the Me Too movement.  The specific situation involves a Chuck Close painting on display.

She contacted me because of my association with ARLIS/NA and thought art and museum librarians might be able to provide some relevant policies and/or information.

Please respond directly to  me and if requested, I am happy to share all responses.

Jane A. Carlin | Library Director

UNIVERSITY OF PUGET SOUND
Collins Memorial Library

1500 N. Warner St. #1021