Save the Date! Please plan to join the
International Relations Committee Study Tour to Havana, Cuba, June 2-8, 2018

Inline image 1

This year’s ARLIS/NA IRC Study Tour (June 2 – 8, 2018) will offer members an exciting educational itinerary that will explore Havana at a time in Cuba’s history when cultural exchange is being encouraged. With the help of a respected travel agent and Llilian Godoy Llanes--art historian, founder of an art museum, and a prolific author of books on Cuban art--many doors have been opened to our group, including visits to the National Museum of Fine Arts, the National Library, the University of Havana, the Center for Contemporary Art Wifredo Lam, and the Taller Experimental de la Grafica.  In addition, we will spend a special day with Llilian, whose knowledge of Cuban art is unsurpassed. As always, conversations with our international colleagues will be a highlight of our time in Cuba.

We will stay at four-star hotels, and a luxury coach and full-time chauffeur will transport participants to site visits, landmarks, cultural events, and culinary experiences. An English-speaking guide and translator will accompany the tour, and please know that visas will be handled through our travel agent.

A detailed itinerary, cost information, and  registration forms will soon be available on the ARLIS/NA website.  Please mark your calendars and watch for announcements when registration opens.  Don’t miss this unique opportunity to directly study the exceptional rich resources for art and architecture in Havana.

Gabrielle Reed and Elisa Hansen, 2018 IRC Study Tour Organizers