Are you presenting a paper at the upcoming ARLIS/NA conference in New York that would be appropriate to expand as a journal article in Art Documentation?  Have you prepared a poster session that would lend itself to a fuller exploration in writing?   Please send me an abstract or a description.  I will also be attending the conference if you'd like to set up a time to meet and discuss it - let me know. Unpublished papers/poster sessions you've prepared for other conferences and original articles are also invited as long as they fit the scope of the journal.

The deadline for article submission for the Fall 2018 issue is March 1, 2018; articles for the Spring 2019 issue are due September 1, 2018.  However, if you would like to submit your article for the Fall 2018 issue but need a little extra time after the conference to incorporate any feedback you received, we can adjust the deadline - let's talk.

Art Documentation is the semiannual peer-reviewed journal of the Art Libraries Society of North America, co-published by the University of Chicago Press.  The articles should fall within the scope of art and architecture librarianship, visual resources curatorship, digital image management, technology related to the visual arts, art publishing, artists' books, and related fields.  Articles may take the form of theoretical or scholarly submissions, revisions of conference presentations, papers emphasizing library practice, case studies, descriptions of specific libraries or collections, interviews, or articles of a historical nature. For additional information and a description of the peer review process, Art Documentation contributor guidelines may be found at http://tinyurl.com/ArtDocGuidelines.

I look forward to hearing from you -- and seeing you in New York!

Warm regards,

Judy

Judy Dyki

Editor, ART DOCUMENTATION

Director of Library and Academic Resources

Cranbrook Academy of Art and Art Museum

39221 Woodward Avenue, Box 801

Bloomfield Hills, MI   48303-0801

248-645-3364  phone

248-645-3464  fax

[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  e-mail