Dear collective wisdom,

I have an inquiry that has so far stumped the Director of Special Collections and Archives and myself -- we are able to view auction records via Google, but do not have access to them. We have scoured our databases and worldcat and the likely suspects (including JSTOR etc) to no avail.

Here is his inquiry: "George Einfeldt and Henry Einfeldt are the two painters that I would like to inquire about. I believe both are Texas painters but George (the son) passed away last year in Farmington, NM.  Do you have any sense of the value of their artwork - their standing in the art communities?"

He is hoping to get a sense from Auction Records about the value of their artworks. Any ARLIS'ian out there with information?

Thanks, and Happy Friday!

Assistant Professor, Fine Arts Librarian for Art, Architecture & Planning
Fall 2017 only: Filling in for Amy Jackson (subjects: Music, Theatre & Dance)
Fall 2017-Spring 2018 only: Filling in for Audra Bellmore (Historic Preservation & Regionalism)

Fine Arts & Design Library, George Pearl Hall 435
College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences
University of New Mexico MSC05 3020
Albuquerque, NM 87131
Ph. (505) 277-0679; at [log in to unmask]