 Hello All,

I'm writing with a brief update on work the ARLIS/NA Cataloging Advisory
Committee (CAC)
<https://www.arlisna.org/organization/committees/76-cataloging-advisory-committee>
has been engaged with in advance of our annual meeting at the conference
next week.

The CAC is nearing completion of a two-year project to develop, write and
submit terms for artistic and visual works for inclusion in the Library of
Congress Genre/Form Terms
<https://www.loc.gov/aba/publications/FreeLCGFT/freelcgft.html#About>. The
list of terms is currently posted on LC's Tentative List 1802a
<https://classificationweb.net/tentative-subjects/1802a.html>. LC's
announcement on the project is here
<https://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/artvisualgenreform.html>. We are very
happy to report that, as of this morning, the terms have been approved and
are now available for use (currently in Class Web, in OCLC in the next few
days).

We are also in our second year of collaboration with the ARTFRAME
<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/LD4P/ArtFrame> group, led by Columbia
University, working to develop an extension to the BIBFRAME ontology
specifically for the description of two- and three-dimensional art objects
in the linked data environment. The ARTFRAME group's work is part of the
larger Mellon-funded Linked Data For Production
<https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=74515029> (LD4P)
project. In the second year of our work together, we have been working
closely with the Cornell University-led Rare Materials group, on areas of
mutual concern. On *Tuesday, February 27, from 3:15-4:30pm* in the Hilton
Murray Hill East there will be a presentation on the project*--**The
Outcome of the ARTFRAME Project, a Domain-Specific BIBFRAME Exploration*
<http://sched.co/CqN6>--please come to hear about this great work!

If you are interested in hearing further details on these projects or are
interested in the work of the CAC in general, we invite you to attend our
annual meeting on Wednesday, February 28th, from 3:30-4:30pm in the Hilton
Murray Hill East. Our agenda will include:

   - Reports/action items from the ARLIS/NA liaisons to:

              -Committee on Cataloging: Description and Access (CC:DA)
              -MARC Advisory Committee (MAC)
              -Subject Analysis Committee (SAC)

   - Discussion of the art-related genre/form terms for the LCGFT
   - Discussion of the ARTFRAME project
   - Discussion of other policy positions and consultations (RBMS-PS,
   Artist Files SIG, etc.)
   - Planning for 2018-2019

Looking forward to seeing you all in New York City!
Best wishes,
Bronwen Bitetti
ARLIS/NA Cataloging Advisory Committee Chair

--
Bronwen Bitetti
Librarian