Hello, all!

The annual meeting of the Research and Information Services Section is
almost here! We'll be meeting on *Wednesday, February 28 from 3:30-4:30pm
<http://sched.co/CqMF>*, and I hope to see many of you there.

In addition to talking about the past year's activities, electing a new
Vice-Moderator, and sharing ways to participate in the revision of the
Information Competencies for Students in Design Disciplines, we'll also
discuss Fobazi Ettarh's recent article from *In the Library with the Lead
Pipe*, "Vocational awe and librarianship: The lies we tell ourselves
<http://www.inthelibrarywiththeleadpipe.org/2018/vocational-awe/>."

Consider keeping our revised mission and goals
<https://www.arlisna.org/organization/sections/97-research-and-information-services-section>
in mind as you read, and come with thoughts and questions about how
vocational awe impacts the work that we do.

Looking forward to seeing you all in New York!

Best,
Alyssa
Incoming RISS Moderator

--

Alyssa Vincent, Information Services Librarian

Ronald Williams Library

Northeastern Illinois University

5500 North St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625

Phone: (773) 442-4411

www.neiu.edu

[image: NEIU_150_logo.png] <https://neiu.edu/>