Dear Collective Wisdom,

We’re helping a group here at UNC from the School of Public Health who are looking for artistic responses to the 1918 flu epidemic to incorporate into a multidisciplinary conference on that theme. In their own words:

Seeking Artistic Responses to 1918 Flu Pandemic

For a conference on the 1918 worldwide flu pandemic, we hope to gather digital images of global artistic responses to the outbreak.  We seek digital images, with relevant annotation, of visual and studio art in all forms, ideally from maximally diverse cultures and locales, on the theme of the pandemic and its impacts.  Our use of such images will be limited to the conference context and non-commercial.

They are particularly interested in global perspectives, and I am wondering if some of you with connections to international art library organizations might be willing to forward this question to relevant lists. We have given them a few ideas, but I would welcome input from anyone who has relevant expertise.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Alice

--